Monday, January 5, 2015

Brrr...it's cold outside!

 This was the view a couple of days ago from a side window in our house....poor trees just weighed down with ice and snow.
 Here's another view...out the back...our birch trees are in bad shape...one of our oak trees bent in half from the weight  and the fierce winds...DH and DD went out and bolstered it with two 2 X 3's for support.  It's straight again now.  Since this storm we've had  a thaw, a snow storm, an ice storm, some thawing and now tonight it's bitter cold.. minus 20 degrees celsius.  Global warming and all these weird storms!!
In the in between times I got DD # 1 to organize the squares for DD#2's Illusion quilt.  It is all sewn together and ready for the quilt frame...gotta finish the owls first...another couple of weeks and that will be done.  An hour or so a day is all I seem to be quilting these days.  Got 4 more Owl eyes to quilt and then the last border.  Still enjoying the quilting of this one.
 Tigger got bored watching me from DH's lazyboy so she switched over to a swivel rocker and watched me from that angle. No matter what I am doing,  even if she falls asleep she is instantly awake the second I make a move .  The only exception is when she decides she wants to go to bed, then nothing gets her up and moving.
This has turned out to be a fun project.  I organized 10 ladies (including myself) for a fabric swap... Each person got a colour and made packets for each crayon for the other 9 ladies and we all swapped.  Worked out very well, This is mine...the brown is laying down on the table in front of my "design" wall.
This is where I got the pattern....the idea of a fabric swap came from the class I took a while back (the Oh Canada lap quilt). I love fabric swaps...took part in one several years ago...a 5 inch square swap....it was 100 five inch squares for  each of the 15 people participating.  I said I didn't have 100 different fabrics...boy , was I wrong!! I won't tell you how many I actually had....let's just say that the swap was a success.  I keep telling DH " I must have $100.00 worth of fabric in my stash."  Tee hee!!

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

It is cold here too going to be down to 6 degrees Wednesday night the first real cold spell we have had. That was a good fabric swap. Only 100 dollars worth of fabric lol...is he buying that.