Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hickory Nuts


 
I finally got my" Hickory Nuts" pieced together...great past time while watching movies, by the way.....and now I'm not so sure how I feel about it.  I loved making the hexagons and could actually spend hours making more but I  only needed so many.  I also cannot decide if I want to leave it like this or put half-hexies on the sides to even it out.  Not a big decision just one I should make.  It really does not seem finished to me. I don't mind the ends being pointed but the ragged edges of the sides don't suit me at all.


Here's the back of the lap quilt.   I guess you could say it's reversible.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Maybe you could do half Hexies on the side and leave the top and bottom ragged. :)

Anonymous said...

How exactly did you make these?