Saturday, July 5, 2014

A dim light!

Look a my clematis this year...just loaded with flowers. I wasn't sure it was going to survive the harsh winter we had....not a lot of snow for here but lots of freezing, thawing and freezing and that is really hard on plants...but there it is , just a'shinin'....
This clematis is a year old and it looks a little mutated to me.  The petals are supposed to be pointed but this one looks like it changed its mind half way through growing.  It too survived the hard winter and is climbing up its trellis wonderfully...not as many flowers but there is always next year.

 



Took this one out of the frame today.  I've been without my television for four days now and going through a slight withdrawal...I like to watch movies and hand sew and with no tv I sat down and quilted my carpal tunnel back.  No kidding, the hands went numb each night after an afternoon and evening of hand quilting...But, it is done and ready for binding.  yippee!! I made a list of things I wanted to do this summer ...this was one of them....I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my "To Do" list...




I've been threatening to get rid of our dining room set for several years now and finally it has happened. We donated the table, two extensions, and six chairs to the local 'Sharing Club"...hopefully, someone will want it enough to buy it from them.  Here's the set we purchased this past week.  It has a set in extension in the centre and two more chairs.  Very simple and plain in design....just the way I like it.. Now I have to make some new table toppers, right????
remember these things...I called them 'chestnuts' .. it turns out they are called "hickory nuts"....well, I was close...at least I called them 'nuts'.....that's what DH tells me I am....wonder why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail,
What is the name of this beautiful quilt. I love it.