Monday, February 3, 2014

Six more weeks of Winter....noooooo!

The groundhog saw his shadow and we're having six more weeks of winter....it's a good thing I have things to do.  Here's my February BOM that came from the I love Hexies blog.  In case it's not so obvious to you , it is a heart. I downsized my hexies to 3/4 inch rather than one inch in order to have 12 inch squares.  Not exactly sure how it's going to be finished but then it is the journey, is it not?
I've also reached the half way point in this quilt and am moving beyond. That always feels good when I am quilting. I wish I could think of a name for this quilt...Honey, I'm Home! comes to mind since I've incorporated some things about the area that I like....barn quilts, cows, old churches, our house, stuff like that. I'm quilting feathers in the light part of the log cabin and shadow quilting the vines and leaves. Makes for a lot of quilting but the needle is sliding through like butter so it's not a chore to quilt.  I make time every day...a half hour here, an hour there.  I'll probably finish it soon and that means I'll just have to find another quilt top to put in the frame...

No comments: