Monday, August 5, 2013

Got a favourite??

 I've made a few quilts over the years...some I loved and some I wasn't so crazy about after they were all finished(those are the ones in the spare bedroom closet, hiding). This one, for some reason is may absolute favourite. I'm not sure why, I just know that every time I look at it, I get a warm and fuzzy feeling. Something about it just appeals to me I guess. It doesn't even have a name. I saw a picture of a small portion of it in the Quilt Sampler Shop Hop magazine a couple of years ago and just knew I wanted it on my bed so I drafted my version and there it is. If you're wondering about the steps on the side of the bed...those are for Tigger and Faith so they don't have to jump...see I told you they were spoiled.
 This is a picture of one of my 'honeydo' jobs. It's only been 4 years that we have been in this house and I always disliked the wide bench in the laundry room(not to mention the wire shelves there as well....they are now gone). Sooo, DH dismantled the bench and cut it down...then I decided I wanted that country feel in the laundry room and that meant wainscoting and chair rail. Once the new brackets for keys are installed I will be cleaning off that window sill..it will be neater, I promise , Mom.
 This is the view from the other direction....coming in from the garage. Granted DH and I are the only ones using that entrance , I still didn't like the untidiness that was there before. I got rid of a lot of junk...where the heck does it come from???....and now it looks a lot better.  I'm adjusting to the shade of green I chose, so well that I may continue with it in the ensuite.
We're experiencing a downpour right now but a couple of minutes ago this was the view out our patio window.  You can just make out the pretty rainbow over the hill.  Didn't last long but sure was nice to see...

No comments: