Thursday, December 13, 2012

Some More Christmas stuff

I have no idea where I bought this fabric but I do know it was a long time ago and I still like it.  The pattern for the hexies came from an Australian blog...clever ladies,those Aussies....and I gave it a go. It was fun to fussy cut the birds and make the hexies but then I didn't quite know what to do with them, so I use them for coasters .
 I see that I needed to practise my blanket stitch (machine) some as well. Ah well, perfection was never my forte.
 Now I do remember where I got this fabric...it was V & S Stedmans in St. George many moons ago.  One of the reasons we were inclined to move to Sussex...needed some place to buy socks without travelling  a fair distance and all the Stedmans stores are gone from the province..too bad, I liked those stores.
I forgot to post this fella when he was all finished. It's a pattern not original by any means.  I kind of like him though...I hung it beside a window...a bit of whimsy.  Right there beside a couple of redwork patterns as well.  Always have a bit of embroidery somewhere...second to quilting in my list of favourite past times.

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

I'm taking a redwork class online right now ... I've done some before, but the class is really extensive and I'm enjoying it very much! Your "Frosty thru the Window" is quite darling! And I appreciate this 'up close' look at your hexie pieces! :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice Gail....the cardinals have been around awhile; but they are beautiful