I volunteered to help with the programme at the quild I belong to and this is one of the projects we thought we might do. Since it pays to make things in advance and see just how long it may take and what, if any, steps are a little tricky I made this one. It's a neat little whatzit bag . I like the finished product but I may change the way the zipper is finished. I think I would prefer the tabs attached to the zipper on the outside rather than tucked on the inside. Plus , I think it would be easier for those diehards that hate zippers.
This is one of the things I am working on. A scrappy all done by hand. I like to have a "handwork" project on the go...sort of in the background while I work on all the other things by machine. I'm hoping to use up scraps ....I forgot that they breed and multiply when you're not looking.
These were meant to practise....grandmother's fan, curve piecing and how to curve for the backing AND machine quilting. I tried, I really did , but by the third attempt and "unsewing" I gave up. I cannot, I repeat, cannot machine quilt with any semblance of proficiency. I am an absolute dud at it. Sooooo.... I fudged and played with some of the stitches on my Pfaff. Forgive MW, I know I said I would machine quilt ...well I made a stab at it with the centre and it is crap.!!!!!