Thursday, June 14, 2012

Got 'er done!

I've always liked this pattern...it's from Bunny Hill Designs , an Anne Sutton block of the month pattern from three years ago. I had downloaded the patterns each month and was in a little bit of a panic when we moved during the time frame it was available.  We lived in a hotel for a month with no computer (that was pre-laptop time) and I wanted to make sure I got them all. Of course, I did and then I promptly put it in my "to do" box.  Took me a while to get around to doing this and now I'm glad I waited since I would have used the freezer paper applique method instead of the backbasting method  that I did use.  Nuff said, it's done.
I would like to point out the "No hand sewing binding" that I used to bind this quilt. I have used it before on small wall hangings and miniatures but this sort of qualifies for a bed quilt, albeit a small bed. It is the slickest way to bind a quilt quickly and has the neatest small piping in an accent fabric. Usually, I make the regular bias binding and hand stitch it down but this way has me hooked. I may end up using it on a full queen size quilt some day...whaddya think???

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

Very pretty. Happy Friday.