Thursday, July 15, 2010

Still not a PP fan!

I'm sort of cheating here and nobody really cares so I guess it is okay. I've separated the patterns I have into three groups,....applique, pieced and (a pox on thee) paper piecing. As you can see, the applique patterns outnumber the rest combined...I guess you can tell I like to applique. Working with the small pieces has been a challenge, especially with these arthritic hands but I keep on truckin'. I have some squares that I downloaded and for some reason they did not come out at 4.5 inches square and I have had to draft them to fit. That has been an exercise in frustration. I gave up on one today completely...I think I'll turn it over to my EQ6 programme and see how that works.

I'm not as hateful about paper piecing as I was last week. Still don't like taking the paper off when done but the accuracy is slowly swaying me. It will be interesting to see how I feel about it when this project is finished. 28 done only 166 left to go....wonder how long it will take me.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Funoldhag said...

Have you tried scanning the applique pattern and resizing it to the size you need? For instance, if a pattern is 8 inches and you want it 4 inches, scan at 50%. You might be able to use your copier the same way. You can enlarge a very small pattern, too. I have done a lot of that. And your blocks are lookin' good! Carol

Heather said...

Definitely a lesson in patience! Looks great so far though! Hugs.

Love Of Quilts said...

Won't take you long at the rate you are going...I can't say I know any thing about paper pieceing...I need to check it out. Trish

Rachaeldaisy said...

You're flying through those blocks! My favourite today is the little branch with the 2 birds. I agree that taking the paper out is one of those really really annoying jobs.