Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Back at the 150's

Blocks 31 to 33 are done..easy peasy  and now I have to wait until next Tuesday for another set.  Darn hard to do when you are as impatient as I am.  But there you go, I have no control over how quickly I can get these patterns so I just have to suck it up.
 In the in between time I decided I should get to work on the Cantek batik Canadian Mystery that DD# 1 gave me for Christmas and a few birthdays.  Here is block number one.....New Brunswick, of course.  As you can see I made a rookie mistake....not thinking here at all....and did the pattern backwards.
Not that anyone other than myself would notice...right? I'll tell everyone that I did it that way on purpose.
I must say, as much as I love the finished look of batiks , they do not lend themselves to applique the way ordinary cottons do.  There is very little give in batiks..they have a tight weave and don't curl or curve the way cottons do. Means I have to work a little harder to get that curve...poor me plus I really have to dig out my good applique needles instead of using quilting needles.  I have tons of those but I am not sure where I put those perfect applique needles I bought ages ago.  Guess I'll just have to did around until I can find them...that may take a while.

No comments: