I started this quilt in July , after a brief visit from our firstborn daughter. She was with me when I bought the background fabric. I'm trying to diminish my scrap stash ...you know that can be an impossibility since they multiply when you are not looking....anyway, I did this very methodically...cut everything out and put the squares in baggies and everything into a plastic tote....sooo organized. At least that was what I told myself. And then I discovered that I had miscalculated the background pieces....oh woe was me.
As luck would have it, I was able to get more....and believe me I made sure that would not happen again...got 4 more metres just in case. Well, here it is. I finished it last week, folded it up and forgot to take to show and tell...doh!! I won't be quilting it for a while since DD's quilt is in the frame and it is slow going...background fabric (white tone on tone) has a paint and the needle(I have to use 7 or 8 since I break needles and bend them too much) is hard to push through.. I'll keep at it.
IN the meantime, I got to feeling antsy with no hand work so I put this wrist pin cushion together to work on and darn it , it was all finished in less than 20 minutes. Maybe I should make some for gifties to my quilting buds....nah, they probably have them already. I'll check the next time we are all together and doing hand work...you just never know, right.