Friday, March 23, 2012

At last it's finished.

At long last it is all quilted. I finished binding it tonight. Now I have to think of a name for it.  Obviously, it will have to have something  that refers to Bouquet or Baltimore and I will have to give credit to Mimi Deitriech for the applique patterns but I still have to give it a name.  i quilted feathers in the twisted rope pattern in the wide border...maybe Feathered Bouquet or Baltimore's Feathers...nah...I'll sleep on it and come up with something later.
you can see some of the feathers in this picture.
 In this part I really thought I'd cheat  a little and not quilt the berries but they quilted up really quickly so I said the heck with it and quilted them all. I reverse appliqued of my favourite ways to applique.
Here's a rare moment...caught the two of the munchkins on the sofa at the same time. Something caught their eye(s) and Tigger held still long enough for me to snap a picture. I took several more but she was moving too much to catch her. They didn't even bark this time...there's hope for us yet..


Joanne said...

Congratulations on the fabulous finish! I am sure you will think of a wonderful name for it.
Your babies are so beautiful together.

Linda H said...

Beautiful Gail- both the quilts and the pupperdogs... :)

Funoldhag said...

Beautiful, beautiful quilt. You can be so very proud of your accomplishment. Carol