Monday, June 26, 2017

Dog Days are here early!

Got my "I love Dogs" wall hanging put together. I originally had a Boxer in there but for some reason it just didn't look right....plus...I did not have a Sheltie and that just wouldn't do.  Since I had no pattern for a Shetland I had to draw one.  I took the nose of the Dacshund which is nice and pointed like the Sheltie and then I improvised....what do you think? does it look like a Sheltie?...close enough?

If you are wondering what the dogs are...starting from the top left corner they are:  Border Collie, Jack Russell Terrier, Chocolate Labrador, Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky, Cavalier King Charles, Shitzu, Shetland Sheep Dog, Boston Terrier, Schnauzer, Dacshund and the Afghan. The hardest one to do was the husky...not sure why...it just took me all evening to applique.  I used back basting applique all the way through.

This is my "To Do" pile.  An old clothes hanger and three bars have a quilt in need of quilting and the  front  one....
 well, it has two quilts...one is a wall hanging so that is not too bad. It won't take me as long to quilt as a full bed size quilt.

  Now I shall have to add the dog wall hanging.  I plan on cleaning this thing off before starting another project....and if you believe that I have land in Arizona with beachfront.
Then there is this thing.  I drafted this on EQ and put it together...BY HAND!..no less!  and now I have it in the frame and I can't stand the thing. I am determined to finish it this summer though and put it on my bed...just for spite. It is heavily quilted so it won't be a heavy quilt...great for summer nights...at least that is what I am telling myself in hopes that it will motivate me to finish.

I do this to myself all the time...I overload myself with projects.   Including those I've told you about, I also have the 150 Canadian Women on the go, the Canada Mystery quilt , and now I am collecting 2017's Row by Row. Makes me wonder why I feel the compulsion to have all these things to do.......then I realize it is because I hate housework. That works for me!

You know, DD # 1 is working on the Farmer's Wife quilt...it looks like fun.

2 comments:

Bern said...

Did you design the Dog Days quilt pattern or where did you buy it from? It's beautiful!

Barb said...

Love your dogs but love love love that sunflower