Sunday, September 25, 2016

I am a winner....I have proof!

Here's a surprise...my wall hanging "Sewing Machine Swap" won first ribbon for Small quilts category at our bi-annual quilt show.  We don't have judges, which in itself is a good thing...too much stress...our judges are the general public who vote for their favourites. I got this fab ribbon (interestingly enough that is my covered bridge fabric..lol) and the bragging rights that go with teasing those who didn't participate in the swap that perhaps they should have...look out now ladies.
"Whoo Knows", my owl quilt won third place in the bed size category ....a little bird told me that it lost by one vote for second....I knew it would be popular but the quilt that I would have voted for if members were voting is the one that placed first...it is phenomenal...all hand pieced ...teeny tiny pieces and extremely well hand quilted..puts us all to shame ...so it was richly deserved.





Here's the first place winner...see what I mean..Phenomenal!!

1 comment:

Linda H said...

Congrats Gail! It was a lovely show. All your quilts were special, as was Judy's hand pieced winner.