Saturday, September 3, 2016

Another PHD nearly finished

 Some months ago I put a proposal forward at my local quilt guild...Sindy Rodenmeyer of Fat Cat Patterns had a Sew A-long and I wanted to participate. I got two members to agree and I coerced my DD # 1 to join in.

Here's the result. That's my sewing machine on the top with the "Cut" on the left and the Pin and Sew on the right.  I made my squares smaller... so I had to improvise and make it fit.  The second one is my DD's...I added the "Puss in the corner" squares. The third one (MW's) has the "Quilt" applique that I added and the fourth is the original from SS.  It was this one that
gave me the idea to add the extras to bring it all together.

 And then to top it all off I made another
sewing machine ...on the off chance that more would participate and since they didn't I am going to use it as the label.
 It was a fun project...a little challenge and sometimes we need that to get the juices flowing.  In hindsight  I should have kept this square with a light background and dark letters...just wanted a change...not sure that it was a good idea.

Ah well, it will be hanging in my sewing area so I can lament about that for years to come.
This is the close up of SS's square. Love that she did the quilt hanging with buttons, her pin cushion is dimensional as the tea cup is so appropriate since we have shared a cup or two at guild.

Next step, deciding if I want to make it wider and longer , then to quilt it and bind it...machine or hand....oh my, decisions, decisions!