Sunday, June 5, 2016

Waste not Want not!

I have Orphan blocks...you know those blocks you made of a new technique because you just had to try it and then you realized you really didn't like making it but you hated to just throw them away...and I figured I would think of something to do with them.  Here's one idea.  I sewed these...the pattern is called Anita's Arrow and the technique is really quite fun but I didn't want to make a whole quilt out of them so I just made a few and put them aside...for months and months.  Well Pinterest and I are very well acquainted and one of the pins was a tutorial for this pattern called Open wide bags .  A quick and easy pattern and it makes something useful.
 I had four small squares...quilted them and then put the zippers in...worked up really fast . They are fully lined and great for small 'stuff''.  I really don't need more bags but maybe I can sell them at our quilt show and sale this September. If not, I am sure I can find something to put in them....hmmm, wonder if DD's need any more bags.
 I planted pansies last year and left them in the beds in front of our house over the winter.  They seeded themselves everywhere...and to tell the truth I love them...such happy faces.  These are growing up in the cracks of the bricks of our front walkway.  I plan on letting them grow...others, no doubt would weed them out but not me....pansies 1, weeders 0...
See, even Faith agrees...she has been sniffing them and taking the occasional nip since they flowered out.  She's really careful of the bees that have been buzzing around...lots of them, I am glad to say.

3 comments:

Stitch gal said...

I made one of these bags yesterday and gave it to my daughter for use as a knitting project bag. The tutorial was excellent and my daughter loved the bag. I will definitely make more. How cool to check in to your blog and see those same bags, I love your creativity in using orphan blocks. Clever idea.

Stitch gal said...

I made a bag such as yours this weekend. Made it for my daughter to use as a knitting project bag. She loved it and I found it fun to make. Tutorial was great and I will definitely make more. Clever idea for you to use orphan blocks. I like that pattern and intend to make it one day.

Barb said...

Love the bags, I have made some of those but for some reason yours look better....love love the quilt below this post...amazing!!