Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Good Day's Work!

Well, DH went to the camp and I get to play on my machine ALL day ...ain't life grand?  This is what I did ....these are anti-ouch pouches.  Our guild is having a sewing day next week to make these, along with drain bags and cuddle quilts.  Since I really don't work well with others...now doesn't that sound bad....what I actually mean is , it takes me a while to settle down and sew when I am at a programme day.....Villa Madonna works so well because I have the time to get myself organized and into it.   Since I won't be sewing at the sewing day I figured I could get my butt in gear and make some of these at home.  Didn't expect to get 10 of them done, but there they are.  The two pretty purple ones are not stuffed as I ran out of batting....I will bring them along on guild day and someone else will stuff them for me...we always have left over batt to use. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the anti-ouch pouch , it is for breast cancer patients to place under the arm ...something soft to protect tender places.

On a lighter note, I finished square number six a couple of nights ago.....I am diligently working on number seven....if you notice I made the angels red heads since both daughters have highlights of red in their hair...not sure if it comes from my side of the family or DH's.
Here are the six I"ve done all together...the miniature at the bottom is one of those PHD's that need to be done....they are just never ending....

3 comments:

Linda H said...

Wow that's going to be a spectacular Christmas applique quilt Gail!
Great job on the anti-ouch pouches!

Unknown said...

Great job Gail. Keep up the great work.

Sparky said...

this is so lovely..the angels block is stunning...