Sunday, September 20, 2015

One UFO done!

I really like making this lap quilt......I must, it's the third one I've made. The very first one was made in 1999 and it sold at a quilt show in St. Andrews...I put a high price on it for a lap quilt ,expecting it NOT to be sold.  Ha! Ha! Fooled me...

The second one I made for myself and it used to sit on the sofa. Our first Sheltie claimed it for himself and would give anyone that sat on it, or near it, the old " stink eye". When we were in the position to have him put down, I  wrapped him in the lap quilt and took him to the vet.......left the quilt with her to use for other dogs or cats that needed extra warmth.




This is my latest one and here is its new home, it is just going to stay here in case anyone feels a chill. If you are wondering about the construction of this lap quilt. I got the pattern from the July/August issue of Quiltmaker 1998.  It was a pattern I challenged the quilt guild that I belonged to at that time to make over the summer break.  I was the only one that made it.  Anyway, it is a reversible, quilt as you go pattern. The first one I made was completely hand done , the second  machine pieced and hand quilted and this one is machine pieced and hand quilted. However it is put together, it is a nice lap quilt...not heavy on the legs  and warm when you need it.  Not like my Shelties.....who won't cuddle on demand.....

No comments: