Sunday, August 3, 2014

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

I saw something similar to this on a Hexie group I joined on Facebook. I really liked the design....and although it was much smaller in the picture(a popsicle stick looked large beside it) I just had to sit down and draft it out....not difficult to do...10 wedges..360 degrees...36 degrees for each petal....right?  Well guess what! it worked. I made it 1.25 inches per side and sewed them together. It wasn't my intention to use it as a label but when I put it together I had no real idea what to do with it and then that stray thought passed through my little brain.. why not use it as a label.  Voila!  Now I'm thinking I could do this for other quilts that need to be labelled...especially considering the fact that I really do NEED to label some more quilts.   Time to get the thimble out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea and a very clever idea for s quilt label. Your hexie quilt is besutiful Gail.