Saturday, May 3, 2014

Retreat Time!

 If you google "Cool Cat Creations"  it will take you to the website for Gerri Richards, a very talented lady from Quispamsis. She designed this Snappy Slippers pattern (it can also be found in the Keepsake Quilting catalogue) and zippered tote. I bought the pattern a while ago and looked at it for ever.....trying to screw up  my courage to attempt it. Well at the Villa Madonna retreat last week, I took the fabric ,all the accessories and made myself  at least start it. What a pleasant surprise..no complications, the pattern was straight forward and easy to follow. 


Here's my version of the snappy slippers with the bag as well.  They fit me very well. ....a smidge loose but then they are slippers not shoes.  I can always adjust the next pair I make....yeah that's right, I have all the necessary supplies to make a second set.  Not sure who they will go to  but I enjoyed making them so much I just have to make another pair. These were made in Batiks...always beautiful fabric but I think I just may get some funky material and have a go.......

1 comment:

Barb said...

What fun slippers....I will have to go and check it out...