Monday, December 2, 2013

Some more Christmas stuff

A wonderful lady from our guild showed us how to put together this yo-yo wreath....I added to mine by putting on the word 'merry'...mainly because when I put together my 'sandwich' I measured wrong....I know, I know...just because I have been doing this stuff for 36 years doesn't mean I do it right ALL  the time.  Anyway....instead of cutting it down I placed the wreath off centre and voila...

Thanks, Helen....
And then in the afternoon of the same program day another lady showed us how to make this woven snow flake.  Thanks to Judy...now I need to make some more...

I love to learn new techniques..one must grow or one stagnates...(Must remember that means mentally not physically) . I particularly like it when an old craft that you just can't seem to master gets straightened out for you..  One of the ladies in our guild showed me how to make yo-yos so that they close in the centre. All these years and I have been doing them wrong...see you can teach an old dog new tricks...

1 comment:

GailM. said...

I wish I lived closer. I love your guild. yesides quilting, You do all kinds of fun crafty things like this. I love doing fun sewy crafty things, as you know. I think I'll go make some yoyos.