Monday, December 17, 2012

One down, more to go...

I'm very proud of my daughters, both of them are wonderful people...that being said I'm bragging about DD # 1's quilt.  Here it is spread out for a picture...all hand quilted for her. She's put in a request for scalloped edges which will give it a little added pizzazz. I have to admit that I am a little jealous of her hand applique...it's much better than mine and I've been plugging away at it  for most of her lifetime.  She's topped me already....
plus she surpassed me on colour choices by winning a ribbon last year for one of her quilts...dare I  say that the acorn does not fall far from the tree!!!
 Here's sleepy-eyed Tigger snuggled up in my spot on the bed....just keepin' it warm for me, right Tigger??? See, DH this is why I don't make the bed the second I get out of it....lol.
When Faith first came to us she did not like this shoe brush....it hurt her mouth when she tried to bite it...now they are the best of friends and snuggle all the time.. It's nice to have a special friend....

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Stunning quilt Gail....I do love everything about it!

GailM. said...

Love her quilt. I can see why you are so proud. Yes, they look like best friends now.... Sweet Faith.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful