Monday, October 1, 2012

Hallowe'en ,eh!

I'm not a Hallowe'en fan...I guess it comes from having to handle it all by myself when DH was a working stiff...wah, wah, I know.  It just always seemed creepy and scary that night with no big, brave he-man to take care of the boogeyman, should he come around. Not that it ever did. Regardless, I saw this pattern in BHG's mag...Quilts and More and thought it was cute. Then I had to visit Fabricville...that story follows...saw this spider web fabric..one thing led to another and there it is.  Now I'll machine quilt it and hang it somewhere in the house...just a little reminder that ghosts and goblins will come knocking.

Remember this one....the one that I am piecing by hand (and will quilt by hand). Well I bought the fabric, cut everything out ...counted all the pieces I needed and set to it.  Well!!!!.... I  got down to the wire for the big squares this weekend and guess what , I am 24....count'em...24 corner squares short and me with no fabric left to cut out.  So off to Fabricville I go and miracle of miracles they had a new bolt....I had bought all the 'stuff' for this quilt in June. Needless to say, the Quilting Queen was a happy camper and a FEW dollars poorer.  Had to bribe DH with a free lunch to get him to go with me...it was raining cats and dogs that day.  He's the better driver in crappy weather...good thing, eh???

2 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

I would have done the same to get out of driving in the rain. Lucky to fine the fabric. I like the quilt.

GailM. said...

Eek! That's always my fear when putting quilts together. Glad you found the fabric again...