Monday, April 9, 2012

Doin' some Applique

 About three years ago we moved here to Sussex. I packed up a lot of projects in various boxes and bags and whatnots.  It's taken me a while to get around to a lot of those projects...my 'roundtoits', that is.  This is one of them.  You can't see the outline that was traced on the muslin...it's a Celtic design. I have absolutely no idea where I got it but I do like it.  The fabric that I am using for the Celtic work is a hand dye that DD#1 did. It is a gorgeous shade of blue with spots just a tad darker than others. I love the fabric.  I wish now that I had chosen a tighter weave muslin  but I will finish it and make a nice big pillow out of it and throw it on my bed...unless DD#1 decides she'd like it for her new sofa...
 This is another one of those projects.  It's A Tisket A Tasket by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs.  It's her 2009..or maybe 2008, BOM..not sure. Anyway, I've seen it finished by a couple of other quilters in quilt shows in the province and loved it. I'd downloaded the patterns and packed them away to do later. Well, here it is, later. They were fun to do and now all I have to do is decide how I want to put them together.  I'd like to get it all together and put in the frame and quilt it over the summer. I like to have something to putter away with even when it's hot outside...always nice and cool downstairs.
 This is Faith...all I have to do is point the camera and say her name and she will pose...such a diva!
And this is the only way I can get a picture of Tigger holding still... asleep...notice where the ratty old tennis ball is located...not that she's worried Faith will get it...Faith is too prissy to pick up that dirty ball..no sir, not our Miss Priss. See  the grey in Tigger's fur. So many different shades in her coat...not a full Sheltie coat but she's my girl, anyway.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Just discovered your blog when I was voting for the Dresdan plate quilts .I did the Tisket a Tasket quilt and loved it ,your blocks look great . By the way I did vote for your lovely quilt , good luck!
Sheila in Nova Scotia