Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Caved!

 This is the before picture...as you can see...no colour on the walls whatsoever...kind of cold..right??? I really tried to be bold...I had the paint chips in my hand and even talked about having the colours blended and all that...but when it came down to the actual purchase time ....I caved!..



Yup, I really caved.....here is the after picture. As you can see that is NOT blue nor is it a deep , passionate red...nope there it is , coffee with milk in it...and I don't even like coffee. The actual colour's name is Morel..which is a mushroom just like me.....kept in the dark and fed  fertilizer..(trying to be polite here).. It really is a little darker than this picture but it is a warm room...neutral and earth tone ...that's ok, isn't it??? I'm hoping to find my courage and put a deep wine colour in my living room...we shall see...
 
 Here's Tigger, completely bored with the whole process .  Mind you, this is where she usually sits when I am at the computer. It's about the only time she remains still.
And Faith...well, she is thoroughly disgusted with me. She investigated the whole paint process and I don't think she approves the colour...she was holding out for the blue.

3 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

You picked a beautiful color...that's a color I would have picked..its hard to venture out of our confort zones. Enjoy and have a great week. Trish

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

It looks very nice though...I like it...I am the same; scared of the big change...as if it would kill me...lol. but seriously; it looks great....

Anonymous said...

Good color. My dining room and kitchen is deep gold on the top, white chair rail and dark olive green on the bottom half......other than that the rest of the house is a tan/taupe color so that all of my quilts (that I will eventually get done..haha) will blend in well..no need to repaint to "match"...just wanted a warm tone.

And of course, your work is lovely as well :-)