Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I got it together!


First Tigger checked it out and gave her ok and then Faith took a good look and gave her seal of approval.  I put together the 4.5 inch squares in the "Dear Dorothy Jane".  I find it busy, busy, busy but I am committed to finishing it.  I have to put on some borders to 'frame' it. Right now I am thinking of perhaps a 5 or 6 inch border and adding some applique...straight vines and lots of small leaves.  I may do some corner squares of the leftover squares(always a few leftover in case they don't fit right).. Anyway, there it is, in part of its glory....whaddya think????

8 comments:

Kirstin said...

Looks great Mom!

Barb said...

Just amazingly beautiful!!!! amazing!!!

Linda H said...

Oh Gail!! It's amazing! I am SO impressed!! I can hardly believe how fast you have done these blocks! WOW! Can't wait to see it in person at your next show. Congrats!

Love Of Quilts said...

I think its fabulous....it looks fabulous to me without any more added to it....but by now I know it won't work for you until your vision of it is completed. Trish

Riel Nason said...

Love it!!!!! Busy quilts are the best. There is just so much to look at in this quilt and that is what makes it fabulous. I especially like the little Jack o'Lantern square.

GailM. said...

OMG, it's gorgeous. I've had a Dear Jane in my mind for some time now, but I think I really need the support of a club or group to do it. I'm so impressed!! Love your new header too.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Makes me want to dig out my Dear Jane and get her done........I just love your work!!

Joanne said...

WOW! It's stunning!!
Love the picture of your two dogs on the last post!♥