Monday, August 16, 2010

A "To do" gettin' done.

This is my "Snowman Collector" that I made after Christmas and promised myself that I would have it finished for this coming Christmas. To make sure it got done , I committed to putting  it in our Quilt Guild's show this coming fall. Shouldn't take me too long...good thing since the show is in September.





I've been working away on my Dear Jane blocks.  I am slowly becoming a paper piecing fan...now that I caught on to the "tricks" of the trade. Precision is the word...make your points match and your sewing lines. Use a shorter tension and pay attention to the order of joining.  It works.  Taking the paper off is not as tiresome as it used to be....maybe I am getting some patience in my old age....lol.


I bound "Sylvia's Stars" tonight. It's been ready for some time to be bound but I just couldn't find the ambition(Dear Jane got in the way). You can't see the fabric I used very well in this photo but it is an orange/brownish batik and makes the quilt look very 'fallish'. It's one I will be keeping so it got put on our bed right away. Since Tigger decided she would rather sleep in her own bed at night now I can use some of my lighter quilts without consequence. 


This is Tigger at her most relaxed.. She decided to help me bind the quilt.  Love my doggy!!

7 comments:

Linda H said...

Beautiful quilt Gail. And that Tigger is such a cutie..looks like she would like her tummy rubbed...

Unknown said...

Is your snowman quilt embroidered? It sort of looks like it. I would love to see the front of it. Your other quilts are stunning. Your pupply is such a cutie - she looks very relaxed!

Barb said...

You sure have alot going on there...love the snowman sampler....and of course, your Dear Janes...

GailM. said...

Are you going to show Sylvia's Stars at your quilt show. I don't know why, but I thought this was going home with your daughter. I'm glad you still have it. I really would like to see it.

Peggy said...

Sylvia's Stars is gorgeous!!! No other word for it! Paper-piecing is a favorite technique of mine - like the precision, just have to be resigned to the time it takes LOL.

Anonymous said...

Gail I love the border you created for Sylvia's Stars. It is one of the most beautiful quilts I have seen ever. I love batiks! Lucy

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your Sylvias Stars is beautiful! The quilting on it is amazing! The photo of Tigger is so funny, she's such a character!