Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Been Busy

What a great long weekend I've had. My quilting daughter(Kirstin) from Ottawa has been here and she and I have had a great time sewing and shopping and doing things that mothers and daughters love to do.
We took a drive to the Fundy National Park...it is an incredible drive with tremendous views of the Bay of Fundy. This is only a small representation of the panoramas you can enjoy. That was a great day.

This is the bag that Kirstin made ...all in one day. The fabrics came from Africa and they are funky, young and fun. She added a two tone lining with lots of pockets. All she needs to do now is decide if she wants to embellish the outside and maybe add some kind of closure at the top.  She does really good work...my number one daughter.

While Kirstin was sewing, I drafted more squares for my Dear Jane...up to 86 now and still eager to do more. I have some I downloaded from the internet, some I drafted on EQ6 and then a light bulb went off over the head....doh!!!...

I have a book "501 Quilt Blocks"...they are all 4 inches but I can redraft easily enough. So  I sit down each day and draw up 3 or 4 squares...I try to do a couple of applique, a pieced one and maybe a paper pieced one ...just to round it out. Only 110 left to do.  Think I'll get it done this summer??????

6 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

I don't know if you'll get it done this summer....but you sure are trying hard too. Trish

Barb said...

What fun!!! Both projects are just wonderful...

Funoldhag said...

You are really progressing on your quilt! I have the book you are talking about, too, and it is perfect for your needs. Gobs of applique in there that could almost be used as is. Also wanted to comment on the gorgeous picture of the park. Carol

Funoldhag said...

You are really progressing on your quilt! I have the book you are talking about, too, and it is perfect for your needs. Gobs of applique in there that could almost be used as is. Also wanted to comment on the gorgeous picture of the park. Carol

Cynthia L. said...

Your Dear Jane quilt is coming along nicely. Love the purse.

I have been enjoying my daughter also. She worked until last week, this week she has off, Sunday back to college. Glad you had a good time with her.

GailM. said...

Isn't it nice to have your family home. Did she like her Quilt that you quilted for her. I love the Fundy coastline too. Nice to see your Dear Jane coming along. I don't have the energy now to do one this year, but maybe in another year or two.