Friday, July 2, 2010

Embroidery and Quilting

I learned to embroider when I was a very young girl. It was one of the two crafts my Mom taught me(the other was to knit) and I still enjoy weilding the needle. I love embroidered things..pillowcases, tablecloths,tea towels..you name it. It's considered old fashioned these days but I guess it is the girly-girl part of me....not that there's much of that....but I do like the added touch.

This quilt is all nursery rhymes ...done a few years ago. I was deluding myself even then, that I might be a grandmother some day and this would be perfect for a grand daughter. I will probably hang on to it ...you just never know. A friend and I met several years ago , commisserating with each other about not having grand kids and maybe never having any. She now has five....damn her!!....and I am still waiting. ...see the cobwebs....











Tigger likes this quilt. She jumped on it right away, then burrowed under it...I'd like to say she understands my need for a grandchild and tries to compensate...truth is, she's as crazy as a bedbug but we love her anyway.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Cynthia L. said...

Hey, maybe if you keep making baby items, someone will get the hint! I think it is a wonderful quilt - glad your furry baby likes it!

Heather said...

It's a beautiful little quilt, I especially love that you made a scalloped edge on it. Hugs!

Love Of Quilts said...

You still have time don't give up ...lovely quilt. Trish

Anonymous said...

Love it. I used to embroder, my mom also taught me as a child. We made pot holders and dresser scarves.
This looks beautiful and brings back memories.

Peggy said...

Hmmm...now there's a thought - make baby quilts and maybe somebody will want to wrap a little one up in them. We're still waiting too!! That's a lovely quilt, I admire your patience in doing all that handwork - I like my machine, to be frank LOL

Rachaeldaisy said...

Such a beautiful quilt. It would suit a little grandaughter perfectly. Tigger looks like a glamorous model showing it off.

jackie said...

This is just so, so pretty, I love the stitching.