I' ve been working away at the front flower beds...trying to get them finished the way I really would like them..After a morning of sweating, it's been hot and humid here, I got it halfway done...ran out of bricks so I quess that means a trip to the hardware store...again.
Saved by the rain!!
Since it got too muddy to continue I figured I'd get busy and put a sleeve on the back of this quilt(the one Tigger is examining)so that it is ready for the quilt show in September...I can be a "procrastinator extraordinarie" on occasion, but not having it ready would be ridiculous.
The quilt is called Star of the Orient. Two years ago several of us quilt show workers decided we should make it for our show the coming year. They all said, yup , they would work on it over the summer...HA! Guess how many quilts got done. You got it..... only one and this is it.
It is completely hand pieced and hand quilted as pretty well all of my quilts are now.I included a close up on one of the squares ..there are 36.... If you wish to count the number of pieces in each square , go ahead... but I can tell you ....there are 49 in each square.
I discovered something about my stash along the way, I really don't have enough light fabrics . I am a jewel tone lover and even my pastels lean toward the brilliant.
I'm thinking I might try to sell this one at our quilt show...It's one of those extras I have laying around....can't tell you how many of those there are, someone might be listening...